At Tru-Test Group (Tru-Test Ltd. (NZ), Tru-Test Pty Ltd.(AUS), Tru-Test Inc.(USA)), we are committed to protecting your privacy and any personal information collected through Tru-Test Group’s marketing activities and website. This document discloses how we generally handle your personal information and safeguard your privacy.
Collection of Personal Information
We will collect certain personal information from you through the following means:
- Purchase warranty forms
- Customer surveys
- Via our website
- Field days, trade shows and other social events when you register your interest
- Your online interaction including online warranty registration
- Other methods from time to time
The types of personal information we may collect includes:
- Your name
- Your address
- Contact telephone numbers and facsimile
- Email address
- Your computer's IP address
- Your individual website user behaviour
- Products you have purchased and your general purchase history
- Your credit card details (if relevant)
- Your credit information (if relevant)
- Other types of information from time to time to enable us to operate our business
Use and Disclosure
Your information will only be used for the purpose for which it was collected unless:
- You have consented to another use
- The secondary purpose for which we are using your information is related to the primary purpose and you would expect us to use your information for that purpose. This includes direct marketing.
We will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide any products and services requested by you
- To process payment for products and services you have requested
- To administer warranty claims
- To respond to customer complaints and provide customer support
- To undertake product safety recalls
- To consider your application for credit in respect of the purchase of a product or service
- To verify your identity and assist you if you contact us or request any assistance
- To maintain records for accounting and administration purposes
- To provide further information to you about other products or services that we consider to be of interest to you
- Internal research
- For any future marketing, promotional and publicity purposes
- To improve our website and for the development of new products and services
- Any other use that you authorise
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements
- Other uses as may be required from time to time to perform the functions of our business
If we use your information for the secondary purpose of direct marketing, we will when practical to do so, seek your consent before that particular use. We will also provide you with an express opt-out opportunity to express a wish not to receive any further marketing communication from us.
We may disclose your personal information to our service entities and contract out some of our functions to external service providers (such as mailing houses, agencies, contractors, marketing service providers and event coordinators). We may disclose your personal information to these external service providers but only so that they can provide the services that we have contracted out to them.
Tru-Test Group will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information it collects, uses or discloses is accurate, complete and up to date.
Please contact us whenever your personal information changes or if you become aware that our records are incorrect. By contacting us, we can take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is correct before we use or disclose it again.
At Tru-Test Group, we take security very seriously. We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is safe from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
When your personal information is no longer required for us to undertake the functions for which it was provided (for example, your warranty period has expired and you have informed us that you do not wish to receive any future marketing communication from us), Tru-Test Group will destroy or permanently de-identify that personal information.
Access and Correction
You have the right to access personal information about yourself and request it be updated and corrected, and to limit the purposes for which it can be used. You may request access to, and corrections to, any personal information we may hold about you by contacting the Tru-Test Group Privacy Officer through the contact methods below. We will provide you with access to your personal information, except where:
- Access would pose a serious and imminent threat to the life or health of any individual
- Access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others
- The request for access is frivolous or vexatious
- The personal information relates to existing of anticipated legal proceedings and would not be discoverable in those proceedings
- Providing access would be unlawful
- Denying access is required or authorized by law
- The personal information relates to a commercially sensitive decision making process
- Providing access would prejudice enforcement activities relating to criminal activities and other breaches of law, public revenue, a security function or negotiations with you.
We will give you reasons if we deny you access to your personal information.
You may choose to deal with us anonymously where it is lawful and practicable to do so.
Identifiers (Australia only)
In some circumstances, we are required to collect government identifiers such as your Australian Business Number or Tax File Number. We will not use or disclose this information other than when required or authorised to by law.
Transborder Data Flows (Australia only)
Tru-Test Group will only transfer personal information about you to a third party who is in a foreign country where:
- The transfer is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and Tru-Test Group
- You consent or request the transfer
- The personal information is essential for maintaining safety, warranty or service records.
Tru-Test Group takes reasonable steps to ensure that the information which it has transferred will not be held, used or disclosed by the recipient of the information inconsistently with the National Privacy Principles.
Tru-Test Group will not collect sensitive information which includes such things as information about your health, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions or memberships of political associations, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, memberships of a professional association or trade union, sexual preferences or criminal records, unless you have consented, it is required by law, or in other special circumstances (e.g. health or public safety).
Nobody wants to receive spam. That's why Tru-Test Group has put an anti-spam policy in place. We will not send you any unsolicited commercial electronic messages (such as email or SMS) without your consent. Any commercial electronic message that we send will identify Tru-Test as a sender and will incorporate our contact details. Tru-Test will not use address-harvesting software under any circumstances.
If you have received an SMS message from Tru-Test Group, you can opt out by replying to the message. Each SMS message contains instructions about how to opt out. When you reply to our message, we receive your reply and will opt you out from further SMS messages upon receipt. If you opt out from our SMS messages we will not send another message to your mobile number without your consent.
You can unsubscribe from any mailing list to which you have subscribed, at any time. To unsubscribe, please go to the unsubscribe page or simply feedback [at] speedrite [dot] com (subject: Unsubscribe%20Request) email us and advise us of your wish to unsubscribe. Otherwise, contact your local Tru-Test Group office and speak to our Privacy Officer. We will arrange for your details to be removed.
Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored in a browser-related file on your computer hard drive when you use our website. Cookies are widely used on most major websites. Where a cookie does not identify you or your business personally, it will recognise your computer at a later time. It cannot read your hard disk or perform any commands on your computer. We may use the information generated by cookies to provide us with aggregate (anonymous) information of how people use our website and to help us know what they find interesting and useful on our website. Specifically cookies allow us to:
- track traffic patterns to and from our website
- target website content or accurately market towards specific types of website users
- assess the effectiveness of our marketing
You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. Users choosing not to accept the cookies may not be able to access certain pages as a result.
*(Australia) Any change will, strictly comply and be subject to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and any other relevant legislation in force from time to time.
Email: contact [at] trutest [dot] co [dot] nz
Post: PO Box 51078 Pakuranga, Manukau 2140, New Zealand.
Phone: +64 9 574 8888 or 0800 878 837 (within NZ)
Fax: +64 9 574 8889
Email: contact [at] trutest [dot] com [dot] au
Post: Block 8/18 Torbey Street, Sunnybank Queensland 4109 AUSTRALIA
Freephone 1800 641 324
Freefax 1800 831 847
Email: contact [at] tru-test [dot] com
Post: 528 Grant Road , Mineral Wells, Texas 76067, USA
Phone: 800-874-8494 / +940 327 8048
Fax: +940 327 8048
contact [at] trutest [dot] com